If you already have a will but would like to add a gift to Severn Hospice, you can do so by instructing your solicitor to add a ‘codicil’, this is a simple addition to your instructions and saves having to rewrite your will. If you are considering a major change to your will then a codicil may not be appropriate.
If you wish to make a major change to your will, or have not got round to making a will yet, you might find the guidance given at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/categories/making-a-will helpful and should you wish to find a local solicitor http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/about.
- What difference does a legacy gift make?
- How are those who leave a legacy gift acknowledged?
- How much of the gift I leave will reach local patients?
- What are the hospice’s future plans?
- If I want to make a legacy gift how do I go about it?
- What tax relief is available from making a legacy gift?
- Could my family contest a legacy gift to Severn Hospice?