Gift Aid, which enables UK taxpayers to enhance their donation value to charities by 25%, is not applicable to legacy gifts.
If more than 10% of your total estate is left to a registered charity your Inheritance Tax rate will be reduced. For guidance seek advice from a financial advisor, or an overview is available at www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/leaving-gifts-to-charity-in-your-will
- What difference does a legacy gift make?
- How are those who leave a legacy gift acknowledged?
- How much of the gift I leave will reach local patients?
- What are the hospice’s future plans?
- If I want to make a legacy gift how do I go about it?
- Making or amending your Will
- Could my family contest a legacy gift to Severn Hospice?