Many people include Severn Hospice in their will.
If you would like to join this growing group of special people there are a number of ways you can formally confirm your wishes.
- Talk to a solicitor
- Talk to us – our legacy advisor Elodie Home has many years’ experience in sensitively helping people who want to remember Severn Hospice in their will. You can call her on 01952 221351 or write to her using the form in the wills area of our website.
- Use our free online will-writing service with Beyond. Click here and you will go to our partner’s website.
However you choose to make your will, the following guidelines may be useful;
The official details for our hospice, which you should include in our will:
Our registered office – Severn Hospice, Bicton Heath, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY3 8HS
Our registered charity number – 512394
You can choose to leave a specific amount or a share of the residue of your estate to Severn Hospice. Unlike a specified sum of money in your will, this latter kind of donation does not lose its value over time and means you don’t have to alter your will if your circumstances should change. Generally this type of will is less complicated to update or amend.
- What difference does a legacy gift make?
- How are those who leave a legacy gift acknowledged?
- How much of the gift I leave will reach local patients?
- What are the hospice’s future plans?
- Making or amending your Will
- What tax relief is available from making a legacy gift?
- Could my family contest a legacy gift to Severn Hospice?