Our team runs regular clinics in Shrewsbury, Telford and Newtown to help patients maintain their independence while accessing care from the hospice.
Our clinics include:
- Consultant outpatients – We run regular consultant-led clinics in Shrewsbury, Telford and in Newtown, Powys. Our consultants generally review patients who have already met another member of the team, such as outreach nurses or day service colleagues. They will also take direct referrals from GPs, specialist nurses and secondary care colleagues. Our consultants accept referrals for patients with any life-limiting condition, for example: COPD, progressive supranuclear palsy, cancer or heart failure.
- Motor Neurone Disease (MND) – Our MND clinic provides advice on symptom control and support for people with the disease. Patients are seen jointly by the consultant as well as the MND and neuropalliative specialist therapist. The clinic is available for patients from diagnosis and is supplemented with home visits for those patients who are no longer able to attend but still require this support. Referrals are accepted from GPs, secondary care colleagues, specialist nurses and allied health care professionals.
- Breathlessness – We will accept referrals for all-cause breathlessness for people with a life-limiting illness. We have a therapy-led service, with medical input and a ‘Fatigue, Anxiety and Breathlessness’ programme run from our day service clinics in Telford and Shrewsbury.
- Lymphoedema – We accept referrals to the lymphoedema clinic for all-cause oedema which meets our referral criteria. The aim of the clinic is to educate and support people to enable them to self-manage the oedema and enable them to achieve a good quality of life.
- Complementary therapy – Our trained therapists can provide a wide variety of treatments for patients attending the clinic aiding relaxation and relief from distressing symptoms.
- Other clinics – we are forming relationships with community services and are starting to host various specialty clinics within our clinic space.