Donate to our shops
We rely on your generous donations of good quality, unwanted goods to run our shops.
All of our shops will be delighted to accept donations of items in good condition, including:
- Clothes, shoes and accessories
- Curtains, bedding and household linen
- Books, CDs, DVDs and videos
- Kitchen equipment and household items
- Small electrical appliances
- Collectable items
- Furniture (please call our furniture store on 01743 211092 before donating furniture)
How to donate
There are a number of convenient ways you can donate items to our shops, including:
- Dropping goods off at your local Severn Hospice shop. You can find your nearest shop and opening times here.
- Dropping goods off at our Telford hospice . We would appreciate it if you could phone our Retail office on 01743 272082 before visiting so we know to expect you.
- Organising a collection at your workplace by asking your colleagues to bring their goods in on an agreed day and then deliver everything to one of our shops. We are happy to help with the organisation of your workplace collection so please speak to your local shop manager or our retail office on 01743 272082 who will be able to supply posters, collection sacks and maybe even with collection of big donations. You can find your nearest shop and opening times here.
If you are a UK taxpayer we could claim an extra 25 per cent in Gift Aid from the taxman on the value of the items you donate to our shops at no extra cost to you. This means for every £10 worth of Gift Aided goods sold we are able to claim an additional £2.50 from the taxman, making your donation go further.
Gift aid claimed on our supporters’ donated items raises thousands of pounds extra for the hospice every year.
Please ask about signing up to Gift Aid when dropping goods off at our shops or Telford hospice or download and complete the form below and take it with you when donating your items. Regulations require that we would contact you to confirm you intention to donate the proceeds from the sale of the items you have kindly donated. By providing us with your email address will help us reduce our administration costs when we do so.
Items we can’t accept
Regrettably we are unable to accept the following:
- Furniture that does not comply with safety standards
- Children’s cots
- Crash helmets
- Computer equipment
- Roller blades and skateboards
If you have a question about donating goods to our shops, please contact our Retail on email@example.com or 01743 272082.