Our Living Well Together community coffee mornings are on the road, are they coming to a town near you?
Meet our team at monthly events across Shropshire and Mid Wales including Ludlow, Market Drayton, Newtown, Whitchurch, Oswestry and Bridgnorth.
The coffee mornings and afternoons are a way for anyone with an incurable illness to learn more about how our range of services might help you, in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Everyone is welcome to drop by to get free advice, have questions answered and find out more about available care and emotional support you could receive.
Scroll down to find out when the next coffee morning is…
We support living well with an incurable illness, and offer holistic support, goals for living, choice, independence and dignity. Four out of five of our patients are cared for in their homes, while others receive day services or ward care in Bicton, Shrewsbury and Apley, Telford.
Day services lead nurse, Kate Clark, said: “We are inviting people to pop in for a coffee, cake, tea and a chat with our team. With more people living longer with incurable illness, we want to bring our services to communities further afield and let people know about how we can help them.
“We cover a large geographic area and want more people to benefit from what we offer. These events are for anyone who might be curious about our work but are really there to help people who might not know how we can help them personally. At our community events, families living with incurable illness can meet our team, and access our care and support groups.
“Our service is all about getting to know the person, their loved ones and their needs, while co-ordinating care and maximising comfort and well-being.”
At the community coffee events you can meet a variety of hospice workers such as Outreach nurses, social workers, nurses, healthcare assistants, creative therapists, complementary therapists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
Day services include well-being workshops, tailored healthcare education, complementary therapies, make-up sessions, music and creative workshops. Experts from other health and community services and charities also regularly drop by to give advice.
Living Well Together community coffee
- Ludlow – first Tuesday of each month, from 13:30 – 15:30 at Helena Lane Day Centre, 20 Hamlet Road, Ludlow SY8 2N
- Market Drayton – first Thursday of each month, from 10 – 12 at The Phoenix Centre, Drayton Grove, Market Drayton TF9 3AD
- Newtown – second Tuesday of each month, from 10:30 – 13:00 at Severn Hospice (Hosbis Hafren), Back Lane, Newtown SY16 2NH
- Whitchurch – second Thursday of each month, from 10 – 12 at the Beechtree Community Centre, Whitchurch Community Hospital, Claypit Street, Whitchurch SY13 1NT
- Oswestry – third Tuesday of each month, from 13:00 – 15:30 at The Centre, Oak Street, Oswestry, SY11 1LW
- Bridgnorth – third Thursday of each month, 13:00 – 15:00 at Bridgnorth Community Hall, Severn St, Bridgnorth WV15 6BB
Find out more about our day services here.